Jensen Monkeys

Sunday, October 26, 2008

The Stork has landed...

Well it has only taken me a month, but I am finally updating our blog with the exciting news about the newest member of our family...Halle Jo Jensen! She was born 9/22/08 in Colorado weighing 7lbs 11 oz & was 19 inches. Her name is pronounced Hal-lee (like Halle Berry) and means "an unexpected gift", which she truly is! She is half African-American and half Hispanic and just beautiful! Kirk & I got the call from the adoption agency on the morning of 9/23 with limited information about the baby, but were told that we had to decide within 1 hour if we wanted to adopt her & needed to get to Colorado that day! What a whirlwind day! We threw all the baby stuff we owned in the car & headed to Colorado Springs. The next morning we were able to meet with Halle's birth mom for several hours at the hospital. We were able to visit with her about her family & interests. The visit was very low key, but I was still nervous the whole time! She & I also dressed Halle together in her first (non-hospital) outfit. It was a very special experience. After getting the final okay from the pediatrician that Halle was in fact a healthy baby we were free to leave the hospital with our new daughter!


Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home